2002 Mar 27 11:05

Re: [vox] [OT] Smoothing out the powerline signal?

Re: [vox] [OT] Smoothing out the powerline signal?

It would appear that on Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Mark K. Kim did say:

> It's quite an interesting UPS.  It's apparently pretty sensitive to
> current changes

yeah... they're pretty good about sags and "brown outs" which, to our
juvenile minds in the software development section on the west coast of
Ireland was just way too funny. We started referring to "going for a brown
out" etc.

> The UPS's alarm kicked in the other day without the usual ~1 second
> pauses; I got scared and shut down the computer... :)

well, confirms our suspicions at the time that most people don't install
the software :-/
Check out the PowerChute software that came with it or even NUT from
http://exploits.org/nut.

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | hyperattractive.net - +1-408-296-0697 (home) .