2002 Mar 27 07:39

Re: [vox] physics time (was: Smoothing out the powerline signal?)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> btw, i just realized that in my previous post, i called the 2nd law of
> termo the 1st.  oops!  the 2nd law is the equation of state.  the 1st
> law has to do with systems in thermodynamic contact being in equilibrium
> after a long time.

Well, in your defense, thermodynamic laws follow a lame numbering system
anyway.  Thus, the Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics.  Not quite as silly as
Monty Python's Rule #6, but far from ideal just the same.  IMO, all laws
should be as ideal as possible, e.g. the Ideal Gas Law ;)

--cds