2002 Mar 27 07:39

Re: [vox] physics time (was: Smoothing out the powerline signal?)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> my favorite professor once told me that out of all the physical theories
> that mankind has, the one that is most important, most true and most
> pervasive is the 3rd law of thermo.  if someone comes up with a theory
> that contradicts, say, quantum mechanics, he'll be considered a
> crackpot, but people will at least be willing to listen.  diss the 3rd
> law, and you just talk the hand...   :)

Um.
"Let us assume you have a perfect crystal at absolute zero but also in a
chaotic state and it is also moving around."

Heh-heh. If I can assume a string is massless, or pulleys are
frictionless, or collisions in macroscopic 3d space as fully elastic, why
not assume more?

A friend of mine and I once looked to try to come up with ways for the
whole idea of greater mass leads to a greater force of gravity and change
it to empty space has "repulsion" against areas with mass and empty space
"pushes" objects towards each other. We were rather creative, I must say
and built a broken model for this but never took it seriously. I thought
about publishing it in some scientific journal on April 1st as a joke, but
decided against it.

Here is another amusing question:
Assuming a molecule is at absolute zero and
It is possible to take a photograph of molecules with standard cameras

Is is possible to take a photograph of that molecule and have the molecule
remain at absolute zero?

What do I do with my free time? hehe heheh heheh eheh eheheh....

-ME