2002 Mar 26 17:33

Re: [vox] physics time (was: Smoothing out the powerline signal?)

Re: [vox] physics time (was: Smoothing out the powerline signal?)

Ooooooohhh now this is good stuff!

(Few comments below)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i'm not sure that's right.  it's all based on current draw, and a fridge
> draws a huge current when the compressor is on, and almost none when the
> compressor is off.

Yeah, I know it was not true. I just needed an example with uncontrollable
parts taken out. "... So the physicist said, 'let us assume we have a can
opener.'...." ;-)

Now here is a piece of nearly trivia:
What is the 3rd Law of Thermodynamics?

Looking it up is cheating here, but even among Physicists, it is
considered a kind of trivia.

BTW, I liked your post, it was entertaining, and enjoyable. I give it 2
thumbs up. (Both left hands since that is the rule with our electron
friends.)

-ME