January 6: Social gathering
2002 Mar 26 11:06

[vox] time management software?

Are there any free or Free time management software that can keep track of
time spent on projects on an hour-by-hour (or even minute-by-minute)
basis?  Something that can talley up the hours, store the data on some
server, and do talleying-up with the hours other people on the project
team put in, etc., etc., etc.

This is for my work.  Our boss wants to put monotary values on projects
according to our salary and hours we put into each project.  So if Will,
sitting in front of me, puts in 5 hours of work into a project and I put
in 3, then my boss wants to figure out that the project is worth 5*W+3*M
dollars, where W is Will's hourly pay relative to his salary, and M is my
hourly pay relative to mine.

Something that integrates with Windows clients would be nice, but if
there's a fitting open source product I can try to make Windows interface
for it.  Something that works with Win2K as a server would make things
easier, but if there's a great Linux project, I might be able to convince
the boss to setup a Linux server.

Thanks in adv!

-Mark

--