2002 Mar 26 00:27

Re: [vox] [OT] Smoothing out the powerline signal?

Re: [vox] [OT] Smoothing out the powerline signal?

You might be dealing with an electric motor that is not grounded properly.
I had this issue.. and found out when the motor kicked on the draw on it was
several times what it normaly is.  This also caused us to loose the
faithfull toaster. (Heads down).

Hesp

> I got an APC UPC.  How would I know it's a model that does what you
> described?
>
> BTW, I do have my monitor plugged into the UPC, but I still get monitor
> "jerks" whenever the fridge turns on/off.  It's either not the right model
> or isn't good enough to block the fridge's powerline distortion.
>
> -Mark
>
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, ME wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> > > Do you have any brand + model numbers?
> >
> > They are by far, not the best, but seem to work with Linux to some
extent
> > (now, not so much before) : APC
> >
> > Please dont get one from just what I write about them. I seem to recall
> > other members of this list with more experience in UPS and vendors and
> > interoperability with Linux. APC was one of those systems considered
less
> > than ideal when compared to others.

DSL