2002 Mar 22 20:50

Re: [vox] Fwd: Re: I'm curious about Revolution OS

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Matthew Johnson wrote:

> Thought you all might be curious.
>
> Although I wonder if they really appreciated my joke...? Could be a plot to
> uncover Open Source people lol.

Heh. Not even remotely.  JTS took an awful lot of hazing from VA folken
curous about who this strange and pleasant fellow was with all the neat
picture taking material.  He is an all-around nice guy.

I really hope this turns out well for him....plus I get an entry in the
IMDB soon ;)

He spent I don't know how many hours observing a fairly candid VA at the
time (as far as candor goes, we all pretty much took the "fuck it, its the
valley, we'll just pretend it's the *Real World* show except with Clusters
and people talking about regexp")

None of some of the more eclectic footage made it in IIRC....most of it
wouldn't fit in the context of the film, but would prolly make for an
exceptional 'bloopers' reel.

REV OS is also funny or the following:

1. Quite possibly the only time I've ever seen RMS appear somewhat clean
and semi-coherent (read: not a spastic jackass ranting hypocrite)

2. Bruce Perens as the Emo Phillips of Open Source (the mans gums move
like nutty-putty).  He's a nice guy when he's not busy whining like a
little school girl about ESR or forgetting facts with regards to IA-64
development.

3. You realize that Michael Tiemann of Red Hat (founder of Cygnus), while
a brilliant man, is
in fact about as exciting as Al Gore.

4. Nerf warfare is a good cathartic activity.