2002 Mar 22 10:28

[OT] Re: [vox] "Will code..." shirt

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Don Werve wrote:
> We also eat Japanese food, Korean food, Thai food...

I'm extremely fond of ethnic food myself.  Never met an ethnicity I didn't
like, with the possible exception of one Cambodian place I went to that
used too much fish sauce.  Also "Little Prague" on G St. sucks, IMHO.  But
I digress.
Maybe it should just say "Will code for takeout + beer[1]" or something.

> Techies have balanced diets; why, we eat from all of the five food grops.
> The caffeine group, the pizza group, the Chinese take-out group, the
> Vending group, and did I mention the caffeine group?

Not to mention the caffeine group, the ramen group, the scary day-glo
foods group, the whatever's-sitting-around-in-the-break-room group, and
the caffeine group [2]

To keep this vaguely on topic [3]:  Looky what I saw when compiling Eterm
on my laptop!
  checking for life_signs in -lKenny... no
    Oh my god, they killed Kenny!  You bastards!

--nicole twn

[1] #define beer guinness
[2] Though, for some reason, everyone in my lab except Jeff and me prefers
(blech) soda to (yum) coffee.  In the interest of geek unity, though, I'm
prepared to tolerate different caffeine vectors.
[3] Linux

***
"Computers in the future may have only 1,000 vaccuum tubes and perhaps
weigh 1 1/2 tons."--Popular Mechanics, March 1949