January 6: Social gathering
2002 Mar 20 19:47

Re: [vox] Linux changes you...

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 10:12, Don Werve wrote:
> My new kitten somehow managed to kill my motherboard by playing scratchy-
> scratchy with the connectors on the back panel -- not sure how, but it
> doesn't work properly anymore.
>
> While I was pulling my workstation out of my desk, I came to the realization
> that, as a Linux user, I hadn't even bothered to look at my workstation for
> months; e.g., that it's been sitting in its own little cabinet for so long
> that it had accumulated a thick carpet of dust on top.
>
> The reset button has never been used.
>
> Actually seeing my physical workstation sitting there in front of me felt
> a bit strange; I have gotten so used to just sitting down at my keyboard and
> working that the concept of a physical computer being present just sort of
> left my mind.
>
> Anyone else run into this?
>
> --
> Don Werve <donw@examen.com>
> Unix System Administrator
>
> Damnat quod non intelligunt.

In other ways yes. I hate going into Windows for anything, even to play
a game or two. Indeed, now avoid games, or play the ones available for
Linux.

Anyone with Return to Castle Wolfeinstein care to comment on its Linux
performance and general game play? Guess this one might be over to Peter
:). I did play the demo and found the undead to be rather scary...

Matt