2002 Mar 20 17:42

RE: [vox] Linux changes you...

www.cygwin.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vox-admin@lists.lugod.org [mailto:vox-admin@lists.lugod.org] On
Behalf Of Richard S. Crawford
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 11:11 AM
To: vox@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Re: [vox] Linux changes you...

Well, I'm more of a writer and not a programmer or system administrator;
I just use Linux because I like it better than Windows.  But I've
certainly found that I've changed my work habits in ways which make a
lot more sense to me.

Last night I had to use Windows 2000 for the first time in over a month
to work on a project for my wife.  I found myself thinking, "How come I
can't get a shell open to navigate my files normally while I'm using
Word?  God, this sucks!"  I also wasn't able to transfer files back and
forth between my Palm Pilot and my desktop the way I like.

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 10:26, joseph e arruda wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Don Werve wrote:
>
> > My new kitten somehow managed to kill my motherboard by playing
> > scratchy- scratchy with the connectors on the back panel -- not sure

> > how, but it doesn't work properly anymore.
>
> Hmmmm. Bad kitty.
>
> > Actually seeing my physical workstation sitting there in front of me

> > felt a bit strange; I have gotten so used to just sitting down at my

> > keyboard and working that the concept of a physical computer being
> > present just sort of left my mind.
> >
> > Anyone else run into this?
>
> Yep.  But I do admittedly dust my machines regularly.

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com
Black-Clad Gaming: http://www.black-clad.com