2002 Mar 20 19:44

Re: [vox] Linux changes you...

It would appear that on Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Don Werve did say:

> My new kitten somehow managed to kill my motherboard by playing scratchy-
> scratchy with the connectors on the back panel -- not sure how, but it
> doesn't work properly anymore.

gneh... our previous cats managed to destroy some phone/net cables by
chewing on them. The fact that one of them was called Five probably didn't
help much ;)

> Anyone else run into this?

heh.. not recently... one of my Linux boxen is a laptop which, oddly
enough, sits on top of my lap day to day. The other, I have become all too
familiar with recently following the replacement of a PCI SiS video card
with an AGP Trident one and Red Hat 7.2's complete refusal to recognise
the damn thing :(
I decided after much struggling with RPM that the install script from
xfree86.org was probably a better bet. It was, all's happy... now to put
the SiS card in my homebrew stereo component thingy :)

It is, however, cool to be able to SSH from anywhere to my home box and
then to my laptop (when I leave it at work) to check my mail. :)

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | hyperattractive.net - +1-408-296-0697 (home) .
 . http:// | johnmc.org          - +1-408-386-3549 (cell) .