2002 Mar 08 03:34

Re: [vox] [keebler@elvine.org: Re: Last but not least... "Borland"at LUG

Re: [vox] [keebler@elvine.org: Re: Last but not least... "Borland"at LUGOD]

Joe's talking about IRC channels ("chat rooms") -- #E is the IRC channel
for the Enlightenment window manager; #gah is... I don't know what that
channel is for, but apparently it's now a social hangout.  31337 is the
numerical representation of the word "ElEET" (elite).  potw = picture of
the week.  opn = ?? (perhaps the network on which the IRC channels are on,
probably the "open projects net"... never been on it.)

The word translations alone is longer than Joe's original message... heh.

-Mark (English is my second language...)

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Paul Barnhart wrote:

> joseph e arruda wrote:
>
> > Yeah.  And Keebler has always been a fairly cool guy.  Most of them/us are
> > on #gah (since #E has been reverted to actually being about enlightenment,
> > #gah is now the 31337 social hangout for geeks on opn)
> >
> > Maybe lugod should have its own potw

> could somebody translate this into one of the more common forms of english.
>
> thanks
>
> paul

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/