2002 Mar 05 03:05

[vox] FWD: Help needed on Linux voice recog. project for nonprofit org.

Ms. Kelley said she'll be dropping in at our meeting this evening, but
in the meantime, here's an e-mail she sent to us, and which I said I'd
pass along to the mailing list:

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/

----- Forwarded message from alicia kelley <alicia.kelley@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu> -----

Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:31:26 -0800
From: "alicia kelley" <alicia.kelley@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Help on a outside voice recognition project - for a nonprofit organization
 using a linux platform- Referred by Ann Mansker
To: pr@lugod.org
Cc: dbhill@ucdavis.edu

Hello Out there in Linux Land,

I have started an outside project in the Spoken Dialogue area, and could
really use some help!!!!!!! in building a Spoken Dialogue prototype.  I am
only a want to be techy (smile).  we are a very very early stage nonprofit
organization.

This prototype will be used in a high tech learning center environment that
promotes expanding job opportunities in Science, Technology and Engineering
to the Disabled and ESL student.  This project has alot of community
support - Vice Major Bonnie Pannell, Lt.  Governor  Cruz Bustamante and UC
Davis Executives Dr. Shelton Duruisseau. to name a few.

We are still looking for expertise in the voice recognition field, and
unfortunately, for now, we do not have alot of funds - We are working on
funding proposals, but if we had a working model - This would really help
us receive funding quicker/easier.   We are still building our team, so if
you have some volunteers that want to work on this project, and make a
difference in our community - I would love to speak with them.

Thank you so much for your time and efforts.

Alicia Kelley
PBG Management - TSP participants
4-9365  - day time phone
(916) 484-4102 (vm)