2002 Mar 04 20:55

Re: [vox] [vox-tech] webpage question

begin Erik Mullinix <Hesp@rainworks.org>
> The Key is in the files loaded the type of files and the order of them

erik, i'm not sure this is workable.  since this is animation, load time
for a set of images "off by 1 pixel" would be prohibitive.  i'd be

> However. what you want to do would best be done in flash.

and i feel guilty working with javascript (may bill forgive me)! :-)
iirc, the flash development program hasn't been ported to linux, and it
costs $$$.

i think rod was right on -- i think this can be done with javascript.
the question is just to learn javascript.  i know dumb stuff like how to
do onmouse/onfocus stuff and scrolling status bars.  perhaps i should
roll up my sleeves and learn the language more fully.

everytime i promise myself to not learn any more new languages,
something like this always pops up.  i wonder if there are any php or
better yet perl wrappers for javascript functionality...

pete