2002 Mar 03 07:53

Re: [vox] Evidence Eliminator sinks to new low....

At 09:04 PM 3/1/02 -0800, you wrote:

>On Friday, March 01 2002 08:55 pm, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> > Well if you're using Windows how can you be truly sure that your
> > trackable pieces have been really removed?

I'm better at information security on a Windows system than a Linux
system--at the moment. In that vein...

If you want a reputable security program for Windows, check out the INFOSEC
products of  www.cerberussystems.com ; their site tells about and tells how
to overcome many underlying security faults in Windows.

I've used their Document Security Manager (pro version) for 3-4 years now.
It's a 3DES-based multi-Windows platform program, installable on multiple
machines, based on their more-flexible-than-most license.

Cerberus Systems folks come from a military-security background, and so
far, everything matches up with the kind of spooks I used to work with.
Oops. Shouldn't have said that. Everyone, stick your head in the household
degausser for 10 seconds, ok? I never said that last part. I wasn't even
here, we never talked, and you never read this.  ;-)

--john

   .     .               John C. Alden  <jcalden@dcn.davis.ca.us>
   |\___/|                       and <jcalden_www@yahoo.com>
  >> O O <<
|  | | |  |  ## PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR