2002 Feb 27 09:52

Re: [vox] Loose Solaris now ask me how.

Ok, speaking of this, I am not sure of what apps I should try on both OS's
to give a better detailed description of speed.  Also, I still need to
setup silo (sparc intelligent loader) so that it boots solaris.

Here are the specs for my Sun Ultra 5:
360MHZ UltraSparc IIi processor
64MB RAM
8.4GB Hard disk (partition as 6GB Solaris, 2GB linux)
2 network interface cards (one integrated, one add on card with scsi-2,
both recogized as Sun Happy Meal)
4MB ATI Mach64 based video
17" Monitor using 1152 x 864 resolution

So far it outperforms my work laptop (466MHZ Celeron, with 256MB RAM, 4MB
ATI Mach64 mobile) also running sid.  X seems to startup almost instantly
and defendguin runs really well.  I do not have Quake 3 arena running on it
yet.  The installer says it does not support glibc21 on sparc64 arch.  If I
get Quake running with one of the patches, then I will run a quake test on
it.

Stephen