2002 Feb 24 13:33

Re: [vox] [rms@gnu.org: Re: Invitation to speak in Davis]

begin joseph e arruda <zeruch@dibona.com>
> > Why not try for the top? Linus.
> >
> > No chance of course, but how about some FreeBSD people?
>
> Acyually, Linus still does speaking engagements (and happens to prefer
> them as technical possible...read: he is more apt to say yes if you say
> you wish to discuss the kernel instead of his celebrity or about MS
> bashing or about any number of other things...)

would asking him about his decision to trash rik's VM system or his
thoughts about the various competing replacements for the scheduler
be considered technical enough?

they're his opinions, but are directly related to current kernel
development.  so they're kind of technical.

also, i wouldn't mind hearing his thoughts about what problems exist in
current kernel development that lead to the piss poor kernels that we've
been getting in the past 6 months.

pete