2002 Feb 23 23:21

Re: [vox] [rms@gnu.org: Re: Invitation to speak in Davis]

frankly, if it would mean RMS coming to talk at our next anniversary
meeting, i really wouldn't mind becoming glugod.

pete "i'm really serious" salzman

begin nbs <nbs@sonic.net>

> Well, I guess RMS won't be coming to speak any time soon. ;)
> (Maybe if GNU wanted to buy the domain "glugod.org" for us...)
>
> -bill!
>

> ----- Forwarded message from Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> -----
>
> Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:20:09 -0700 (MST)
> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Subject: Re: Invitation to speak in Davis
> To: nbs@sonic.net
>
> The GNU Project faces a major obstacle in promoting the ideals of free
> software among users of the GNU system: these users mostly don't know
> the system is GNU, because they think it is "Linux".  User groups that
> call the system "Linux" contribute to this obstacle.
>
> For that reason, I don't give speeches under the sponsorship of Linux
> User Groups.  I think that if a group wants me make the effort of
> giving a speech, they should at the very least give the GNU Project
> equal mention when referring to a system which is more GNU than Linux.
>
> If your group would like to become a GNU/Linux User Group, and get
> listed in http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-user-groups.html, then I would
> give a speech at the earliest possible opportunity.
>
> (If you like, you could become a GNU User Group and cover both
> GNU/Linux and GNU/Hurd.)
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

Enron..safe legal abortion..civil liberty..repealing ICBM treaty..deficit..
What's worse?  Screwing an intern or screwing an entire country?