2002 Feb 24 12:14

[vox] [rms@gnu.org: Re: Invitation to speak in Davis]

Well, I guess RMS won't be coming to speak any time soon. ;)
(Maybe if GNU wanted to buy the domain "glugod.org" for us...)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> -----

Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:20:09 -0700 (MST)
From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Invitation to speak in Davis
To: nbs@sonic.net

The GNU Project faces a major obstacle in promoting the ideals of free
software among users of the GNU system: these users mostly don't know
the system is GNU, because they think it is "Linux".  User groups that
call the system "Linux" contribute to this obstacle.

For that reason, I don't give speeches under the sponsorship of Linux
User Groups.  I think that if a group wants me make the effort of
giving a speech, they should at the very least give the GNU Project
equal mention when referring to a system which is more GNU than Linux.

If your group would like to become a GNU/Linux User Group, and get
listed in http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-user-groups.html, then I would
give a speech at the earliest possible opportunity.

(If you like, you could become a GNU User Group and cover both
GNU/Linux and GNU/Hurd.)

----- End forwarded message -----