2002 Feb 22 17:30

Re: [vox] Intro classes (was php wonders.)

Re: [vox] Intro classes (was php wonders.)

Eric,

Part of the reason for a NIC/floppy boot solution was the last LUGOD held a 'newbie class' (I ddi not attend) they had access to systems, but could not load Linux on those systems.  With Linux Terminal Server and booting from the NICs, all they need to do is a change in BIOS to boot from the NIC, and make sure they bring ONE system with the Linux Terminal Server set up on it.

This way, the class gets the hands on experiance and the doner of the resources doesn't have his systems messed up.  In addition, people also get to see one of the posibilities of thin client solution in action.

In any case, while a great idea, it's beyond my current time and skillset resources.  SOme day though, I'll get around to it, I'd like to set it up at home.

-sp