January 6: Social gathering
2002 Feb 18 11:29

Re: [vox] the quantum bash shell

It has been part of bash for a while.

(man bash)
---
              cdspell If  set,  minor errors in the spelling of a
                      directory component in a cd command will be
                      corrected.   The  errors  checked  for  are
                      transposed characters, a missing character,
                      and  one  character too many.  If a correc-
                      tion is found, the corrected file  name  is
                      printed,  and  the  command proceeds.  This
                      option is only used by interactive  shells.
---

Was probably added around tab-completion, but the src is available if you
want to check 8-)

-ME