2002 Feb 15 20:36

[vox] [mccoyk@hiscs.org: Linux Outsourcing, Programming]

----- Forwarded message from Karstyn McCoy <mccoyk@hiscs.org> -----

To: root@lugod.org
Subject: Linux Outsourcing, Programming
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:47:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Karstyn McCoy <mccoyk@hiscs.org>

I work for Horizon Instructional Systems, a charter school in Lincoln. We
specialize in home based education with approx. 4000 students spread
over 6 counties in this area. We are our own ISP with a DS3 backbone,
our own DNS, Radius, various web servers, and database servers, most
all running on Linux.
I need to quickly explore the costs and possibilities of outsourcing some
or most of these functions as state budget cuts could greatly affect us.
Along with DNS, Radius, and Apache services, I'm also looking for
expertise with Zope, PostgreSQL, MySQL, PHP, and Python.
Can you recommend any companies or individuals that might be able to
assist with this? This could be a very exciting venture for the right Linux
mind - many things to develop and stream line.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Karstyn McCoy
IT Manager
Horizon Instructional Systems