2002 Feb 08 10:16

Re: [vox] Making custom circuit boards

Ryan wrote:

> On Thursday, February 07 2002 11:09 am, Paul Barnhart wrote:
> > Try Far Circuits (www.farcircuits.net) They have a good reputation.
> "Custom boards may be made for $.50 square inch or $4.00 minimum per board
> for single sided, etched, drilled and solder coated."
> ...and thier order form says shipping is $1.50, so I can have my board (4.2x2
> inches) made and shipped for under $10!

That site is inexpensive, but they appear to have very specific requirements
for how the board layout is sent to them (i.e. a film negative) -- factor
in the cost of that if you haven't...

You might look at ExpressPCB (www.expresspcb.com), which provides a layout
program for free that you can send your files with.  Their best deal for
prototyping is the "MiniBoard" package:  $60 for three 3.8" x 2.5" boards
(they keep turnaround and costs low by fixing the board size), double-sided,
up to 25 throughholes, no soldermask or silkscreen.  And the boards are mailed
back to you via priority mail the next day...

				-Lynn