2002 Feb 07 16:36

[vox] Wireless Internet

Hey all, I'm pondering either getting a laptop or actually setting up (upgrading?) the old one I have sitting around here.  Now, given the fact that I work for an ambulance company, I'm very often out in vehicles at all hours of the day.  I pretty much split my time between the Sacramento area and the Bay Area as far as work goes.  I was wondering if anyone has or knows someone who has wireless internet.  I'm looking for something that has decent speed and has good coverage both in the Sac/Davis area and also the Bay Area.  As far as price goes, I don't mind buying hardware, but am hoping to get service for under $25/month.  When I last looked into this long, long ago, Ricochet was the only game in town and had a time limit, over which they charged.  Anyway, thanks in advance for the help, I really appreciate it.  Have a good one!

Patrick