2002 Feb 06 19:07

Re: [vox] [job] PC installation / setup job

Re: [vox] [job] PC installation / setup job

The job's in Fresno, FWIW.  TEKsystems won't be covering housing costs,
though there are apparently a bunch of people from the Sacramento area
who are going to be splitting accommodations at a Days Inn in the area.

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 13:40, nbs wrote:
> TEKsystems (formerly Maxim Group) is looking for a number of
> 'deployment technicians' and 'staging technicials' to help with
> a PC system deployment at a Naval base.
>
> Not quite Linux-related, but they need a lot of people:
>

> Deployment Technician
>
>   You will be part of a team of 100 technicians that will be deploying
>   2,700 brand new Dell workstations with Windows 2000 pre-loaded across
>   a Navy base. You will be unpacking the new pre-configured Dell and setting
>   it up on the desk. Then you will be checking to make sure everything
>   works by connecting up the machines and checking some of the major
>   applications. You will briefly train the end user on their new desktop
>   and taking care of any troubleshooting issues that may arise. You must
>   be proficient with the Windows 2000 interface   Computer management
>   function, Windows NT, Outlook   Exchange, configuring Outlook to talk
>   to Exchange Server, set up Explorer, good documentation skills are a
>   must because you will be documenting any problems, must be network
>   savvy and understand IP addresses.
>

> Staging Technician
>
>   There will be 3 teams of 18 technicians working around the clock
>   (7am-3pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am) staging 2,700 brand new Dell computers.
>   You will be unboxing the new PC, setting it up on a workbench, installing
>   a standard Windows 2000 desktop load. Once the install is done you will
>   be re-boxing the PC so it is ready for deployment to the user.
>   The process is all scripted and should be fairly easy to follow as long
>   as you are familiar with the Windows 2000 interface.
>

> All work is being done at a Navy facility and there are several requirements
> that must be met before you are allowed on the base: 1. Background Check,
> 2. Must be US Citizen and provide original paperwork (Birth Certificate,
> Passport or Naturalization Papers) to be viewed and copied by a TEKsystems
> representative, 3. Must have valid drivers license proof of insurance to get
> base vehicle pass.
>
> Contact: Steve Nguyen, TEKsystems, 916-859-3279
>

> For those unfamiliar, more jobs are here:
>
>   http://www.lugod.org/jobs/
>

> -bill!
> webmaster@lugod.org
> http://www.lugod.org/