2002 Feb 05 13:13

Re: [vox] [OT] AD+D, 3rd edition Master Tools!

Re: [vox] [OT] AD+D, 3rd edition Master Tools!

begin Matthew Johnson <matthew@psychohorse.com>
> On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 02:27, Foo Lim wrote:
> > Just use table 1-5.  If you roll a 12 when you created your character, you
> > get a modifier of +1.  They are average scores, and should be adjusted to
> > your specific adventurer.  If you're a wizard and have a +1 Int modifier,
> > you get (2 + 1) x 4 = 12 skill points.
> >
> > HTH, FL
> >

> > On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > > is someone here familiar with 3rd edition AD+D rules?
> > >
> > > on page 58, table 4-1, the book talks about intelligence modifiers for
> > > the number of skill points per level.
> > >
> > > but i can't find where the intelligence modifiers are.
> > >
> > > they're not in the section on intelligence (page 9).   afaics, they're
> > > not in the skill section (pgs 57-76).
> > >
> > > so where are these intelligence modifiers?
> > >
> > > pete
>
> On topic...Master tools runs with Transgaming just fine, but wondered if
> anyone got it to print via CUPS?

i posted a question on transgaming which is similar -- it was about
getting the cd stomper software (which works under winex) to print.  you
may want to look at that thread.  it was from about 3 weeks ago.

apparently, winex comes with printing turned off, for some reason.  you
need to recompile winex from source to enable it.  i haven't played
around with that.  i'm too busy to hack these days.

> Matt
> PS How many here play D&D?

it would seem almost all of us.  i had no idea you and foo played, let
alone know about 3rd edition rules.   :-)

pete