2002 Feb 01 19:41

Re: [vox] PostgreSQL vs. Oracle

On Friday 01 February 2002 03:55 pm, Don Werve wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 03:48:20PM -0800, Eric Engelhard wrote:
> > [deletia]
> > Well put, Henry. Postgres has a long history and a great deal of
> > community behind it. Big software firms often try to stigmatize
> > open source competition as amateurish. This is certainly not true
> > with postgres.
>
> Or qmail, or Apache, or MySQL, or PHP, or Perl, or GCC, or
> Sendmail...

...or AbiWord, or CVS, or Dia, or Eclipse, or Emacs, or Gawk,
or Ghostscript, or Gimp, or Gnome, or GnuCash, or JBoss, or KDE,
or LaTeX, or Mailman, or Postfix, or Python, or Quanta, or Samba,
or SQL-Ledger, or Tomcat, or TWiki, or VIM, or XFree86.

Can you tell I have a list?  ;-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/