2002 Jan 30 23:04

Re: [vox] forward: help with printer on linux

Re: [vox] forward: help with printer on linux

Kathy -- Are you using the parallel port connection or the USB connection?
What distribution of Linux are you using?

If you want someone to come over, feel free to contact LERT
(http://www.lugod.org/lert/)

-Mark

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> she's not on the list, afaik, so if you respond to this email, please cc
> her.
>
> pete
>

> ----- Forwarded message from Kathy Prewitt <prewitt@wald.ucdavis.edu> -----
>
> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:59:46 -0800 (PST)
> From: Kathy Prewitt <prewitt@wald.ucdavis.edu>
> To: root@lugod.org
> Cc: Kathy Prewitt <prewitt@math.la.asu.edu>, prewitt@wald.ucdavis.edu
> Subject: printer-linux
>
> I need help and am particularly ignorant.
>
> Name:  Kathy Prewitt
>
> I am using a laptop and HP laserjet 1200 printer.  I had this system
> working successfully in an office of the stat dept. plugged into
> ethernet.  Then I set it up at home.  Whether or not I am hooked
> up to the phone line, my printer suddenly started randomly printing
> 1 to who knows how many pages of horizontal lines (15 or so per inch)
> with white margins.  I have unplugged and plugged everything.  Last
> night for hours it didn't print these pages but sometime during the
> night it printed 2 of them (there were only 2 pages in the tray).
> I called HP but they won't tell me anything because I use linux.
>
> If you need extra information I will have to ask my computer person
> because I know next to nothing.
>
> I would really appreciate it if you could come to the apartment because
> I am stuck here anyway most of the time because I am getting over
> hip replacement surgery.
>
> Thanks.
>
> kathy
>

> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> --
> The mathematics [of physics] has become ever more abstract, rather than more
> complicated.  The mind of God appears to be abstract but not complicated.
> He also appears to like group theory.  --  Tony Zee's `Fearful Symmetry'
>
> PGP Fingerprint: B9F1 6CF3 47C4 7CD8 D33E  70A9 A3B9 1945 67EA 951D

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/
PGP key available upon request.