2002 Jan 30 19:58

forward: help with printer on linux

she's not on the list, afaik, so if you respond to this email, please cc
her.

pete

----- Forwarded message from Kathy Prewitt <prewitt@wald.ucdavis.edu> -----

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:59:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Kathy Prewitt <prewitt@wald.ucdavis.edu>
To: root@lugod.org
Cc: Kathy Prewitt <prewitt@math.la.asu.edu>, prewitt@wald.ucdavis.edu
Subject: printer-linux

I need help and am particularly ignorant.

Name:  Kathy Prewitt

I am using a laptop and HP laserjet 1200 printer.  I had this system
working successfully in an office of the stat dept. plugged into
ethernet.  Then I set it up at home.  Whether or not I am hooked
up to the phone line, my printer suddenly started randomly printing
1 to who knows how many pages of horizontal lines (15 or so per inch)
with white margins.  I have unplugged and plugged everything.  Last
night for hours it didn't print these pages but sometime during the
night it printed 2 of them (there were only 2 pages in the tray).
I called HP but they won't tell me anything because I use linux.

If you need extra information I will have to ask my computer person
because I know next to nothing.

I would really appreciate it if you could come to the apartment because
I am stuck here anyway most of the time because I am getting over
hip replacement surgery.

Thanks.

kathy

----- End forwarded message -----