January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jan 29 10:09

Re: [vox] The next installfest

begin nbs <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 02:57:02PM -0800, Christine Scobee wrote:
> >
> > maybe if we agree to have a UCD person present at IF's, and do spot checks
> > for "unauthorized internet access use"?   Like, present some sort of
> > "plan" for how we will minimize/eliminate the security risk.  UCD likes
> > plans.  (Just a thought)
>
> Why not some kind of reverse-firewall?  (ie, you can only do HTTP/FTP
> access from the installfest)

excellent ideas.  i'm trying to get some schoolwork done right now, but
will definitely present the idea to the powers that be.

i'm POSITIVE that building maintenance would cave under strong pressure
from the comp sci dept.  it'll be a good litmus test to see the comp sci
department really wants to support linux or if they're just full of hot
air.

pete