2002 Jan 28 14:58

Re: [vox] The next installfest

begin nbs <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 09:58:41PM -0800, Evelyn wrote:
> <snip>
> > This might be a huge stretch but I figure I have nothing to lose if I
> > don't ask.  At the next installfest can there be some sort of internet
> > access?
>
> I wish. :(  Unfortunately, the UC doesn't let us have it anymore. :(

yeah.  :(   just small correction -- if i understand it, it's neither
the comp sci or the EE dept which objects.  it's building maintenance.

it sounds like if we can get strong support from a department, they
might be able to convince building maintenance that the "security risk"
they're afraid of is stupid.  most of these people barely know how to
shut their computer down let alone use the IF as an avenue for attacking
other systems.

i've been meaning to talk to some professors about this.

pete