2002 Jan 28 14:36

[vox] The next installfest

Greetings:
I am trying so desperately to learn this linux system but it is not as
user friendly as some other systems.  I have installed linux on my
system but there is a lot of configuring that needs to be done.  Things
like my printer, video card, kmail and the like would be nice if they
worked properly.

I find that there is a lot of things that involve the internet in which
an inconceivable amount of tar, rpm and ghost files can be found. There
is an equal amount of help web sites as well.

This might be a huge stretch but I figure I have nothing to lose if I
don't ask.  At the next installfest can there be some sort of internet
access?  This would be very useful in not only verifying if internet
applications and the like work but also having the fore said files
(rpm,tar, whatever) to our disposal.

I want to make my linux system work so it can be user friendly for my
wife.  She is starting to drive me crazy and wants me to put windoze
back up.  I might bring home the bacon but she is the one who cooks it
for me and the kids. :)

Jim George
auto technician at Swift Jeep in Davis
757-3770