2002 Jan 28 17:55

[vox] [OT] computer joke on SG1? (was: it's quiet

[vox] [OT] computer joke on SG1? (was: it's quiet

Did anybody see Stargate SG-1 this weekend?  (The syndicated version, not
the new one on Showtime.):

  Carter: He's right.  Inventing technology with this level of
    sophistication *would* require a "zero".

  Jackson: Why?

  Carter: [rolls eyeballs] You just do.  Trust me.  It's a math thing.

  Jackson: So... I've been off-by-one this whole time?

                    - Physicist Carter and Archaeologist Jackson
                      trying to descipher the number system of a high-tech
                      civilization

It's not exactly a computer joke, but I was laughing and replying the
sequence on my VCR over and over...

-Mark (needs to get out and play in the snow more)

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/