2002 Jan 22 10:56

Re: [vox] flight simulator for linux

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 07:41:01AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i just stumbled across:
>
> http://www.flightgear.org/
>
> a flight sim for linux.  looks pretty good, and the source is available
> (GPL).  looks to be already very playable.  screenshots look yummy!

FlightGear's been around quite a while.  It's kind of like the
Linux or Apache of flight sims (as in, it's got a pretty huge developer base).

I met some people from the Flight Gear project at LinuxWorld Expo, and
invited them to come by LUGOD and talk about it / demonstrate it.
(One of them was from the Sacramento area.)

I should ping him again and see if he's still willing to come out.