2002 Jan 19 18:58

Re: [vox] AOL in Negotiations to Buy Red Hat

Pete wrote:
> that's the one thing i hate about debian.  i wish they would use hand
> editable config files instead of all these binary config files.   ;)

Why is it every time I attempt to post something informative about
Slackware I get shit like this from Debian users? If you don't like
Slack, fine. Refute it with a real argument about merits, not some
logical falacy like this where a comment is taken out of context.
Read the entire email. The design differences about the config file
was meant to say there is no "linuxconf" like program, just small
programs for some specific configurations, like networks. The design
differences also included the /etc/rd.c structure and lack of PAM.
Really, the attitudes I am seeing on these lists at times are half
the reason I never bother to go to meetings even though they are
only a few blocks away from me. I'm not the only one amongst my group
of CS grad friends who have the same opinion. Something to ponder.

Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
http://www.malevolence.com              http://www.shwaine.com
telnet://shwaine.dyn.greystoneapts.com:3000