2002 Jan 16 06:48

Re: [vox] another transgaming winex success

Re: [vox] another transgaming winex success

begin Micah Cowan <micah@cowanbox.com>
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 04:23:13PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > took a break from work and installed 'curse of monkey island' (very cool
> > graphical adventure).   works perfectly under transgaming winex.  sound,
> > graphics, speed are all great.
> >
> > awesome!
> >
> > pete
>
> Pete - happypenguin.org recently announced an emulator which runs the
> files used by some LucasArts games, including that one (I think -
> maybe not, but it does some of the MI games).  It's in the early
> stages, so incomplete, but nonetheless you can apparently run some
> games all the way through.  Would you be interested in evaluating it,
> since you have a game for it?  I'd be interested to know.
>
> http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/index.html

absolutely.  i kind of figured the engine was called scumm since "scumm
programmers" were listed as part of the credits.  i'm about to go to
work until 10 :(  but yeah, either tonight or tomorrow morning.  that
would be *great* if the lucasarts games could be interpreted from a
game script instead of emulating the entire program itself.

thanks for mentioning this!   (it also will go into the lg-howto!)

pete