2002 Jan 16 07:15

Re: [vox] another transgaming winex success

Re: [vox] another transgaming winex success

begin Matthew Johnson <matthew@psychohorse.com>
> On Tuesday 15 January 2002 04:23 pm, you wrote:
> > took a break from work and installed 'curse of monkey island' (very cool
> > graphical adventure).   works perfectly under transgaming winex.  sound,
> > graphics, speed are all great.
> >
> > awesome!
> >
> > pete
>
> PS Curse of Monkey Island; is this the old one? Remember playing Loom those
> years ago.

yeah, it's pretty old.  has the classic lucasgame feel though.  very
cartoonish.  it's like watching a comic book unfold.  fun game.  great
animation.  to be honest, i'm surprised it worked so well.

also, i feel the puzzles in cotmi are much more do-able than many other
adventures.

for instance, anyone play zork?   remember the echo room?  i'm ashamed
to say that i actually didn't cheat to figure that puzzle out.  lord
knows i should've...

pete

tip: when you install a game using winex, don't let it install directx
(any version) at all.  all that stuff is taken care of by the winex
libraries.