2002 Jan 15 14:32

Re: [vox] To Re-install or not to Re-install...That is the Question

Re: [vox] To Re-install or not to Re-install...That is the Question

At 12:57 PM 1/15/02 -0800, you wrote:
What brand of hard drive is the 7.2GB? You may have to
down load something to remvove the EZ-BIOS. Maxtor has
a utility for their drives. fdisk /mbr did not seem to
work when I had an EZ-BIOS to remove. I would
reinstall at this point as 5GB is a lot to waste. I
have only 1 8GB drive.

Marc

It's a Maxtor. The two folks who answered both recommended wiping the disk and reinstalling (sigh...). Well, at least it's not in production (or the faculty member didn't cry out WHERE'S MY MISSING 5 GIG?!)

John C. Alden, jcalden@ucdavis.edu      530-754-7210
Programmer-Analyst III                  530-304-7443 cell
Department of Applied Science   530-752-0360 (front desk)
University of California, Davis 530-752-2444 fax
http://www.das.ucdavis.edu/