2002 Jan 16 20:24

Re: [vox] [xyxbill@xyzbill.org: XXXX and YYYY and ZZZZ, oh my!]

But all of this traffic is improving name recognition for the cadidate
being discussed.

When the story does make it to the masses - especally the computer
illiterate, they may see it as the politician making an attempt to
integrate technology into their work and make them appear cutting egde.

With todays news being dripped into the arms of the masses by IV (no need
to even swallow it - let alone digest it) small news bytes are becoming
drops of a salt water solution with simple sugars. Pages and minutes of
complaining about spam, may be spun and metamophasized into, "Guy X uses
e-mail to contact voters to save trees, energy and be good to the
environment."

So much for trying to hurt the guy.

Now, if you could help one of his interns to go on a long world tour
without notice, then the "missing intern" might offer you something in the
way of harming the policitcal future of the candidate you don't like.

Why dont you find out what server they are using. If not Linux, then find
ways to bring Linux into the picture as being high tech, and Windows being
low tech.

Lastly, when you go to complain about this, they may choose to not spin
it. Instead they may say:

"That e-mail was brought to you from people that would like to see me
re-elected, not by our campaign. We do not have any control over people's
freedom of speech and desire to offer us support. We do not like the
thought of politicial censorship in a free America."

"We exercise our freedom of speech to try to contact people with open
minds and let them know what we are about. We want America to do well in
these difficult times, and want the people to know about..."

"Of course we would contact people who might not vote for us! Votes are
gained by convincing people who would not vote for you to cast a vote for
you instead - not keeping the votes you have." (too much truth there.)

"We have instructions for people who are not open to our thoughts on how
to not receive future e-mails from us. However, we cannot control the mail
of those groups that might support us." (Does not even have to be true, or
they may place it on their website the day they are interviewed to make it
true at that point in time.)

Oh damn. Now you have me doing their work for them. Since I have sent this
message out, I guess there is no way to change it. (Attempt at being
"politicial" err, telling a lie.)

-M