January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jan 14 17:15

Re: [vox] [billjones@billjones.org: Burton and Riordan and Davis, oh my!

Mark wrote:
> I think channel 3 has a program where listeners can call in and
get their
> problems resolved.  Usually it's a consumer thing ("I got ripped
off and
> the sales people aren't responding!") but they might be interested
in this
> case since it's "cyberspace" and political, wrapped into one.

Yeah, it's called "Call 3", http://www.thekcrachannel.com/call3/.
There's a link in the top of the left navigation frame to email
them, although it asks for alot of personal info on an unsecured
form, so calling may be a better option. The biggest part in waging
such a "battle" against a politician is getting onto as many news
sources with your story as possible. Going to the opponents for support
is another time honored tradition, but tends to lead to fractured
support of the topic along partisan lines. Emphasis on this one needs
to be on the spamming actions, not the partisan bickering. If this
trend isn't nipped in the bud, soon we'll all be getting flooded
with political spam emails to go along with the political spam commercials
on TV and radio. Politicians need to be informed that this will lose
them votes. Perhaps a petition along the lines of "I will not support
a candidate who spams voters with unsolicited email" is in order.
Hardest part would be getting large numbers of the traditionally
targetted blocks of voters to sign, such as the eldery, so that it
shows the candidate that he/she is shooting him/her-self in the foot.

Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
http://www.malevolence.com              http://www.shwaine.com
telnet://shwaine.dyn.greystoneapts.com:3000