2002 Jan 10 17:21

Re: [vox] [billjones@billjones.org: Budget Debate]

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> But can you *prove* Bill Jones sent the e-mail?  Maybe it was the opposing
> team that sent the e-mail to get Bill Jones the bad rep, maybe even get
> him disqualified! :P

I can! I can also prove a horse has an infinite number of legs
(Stolen from the fortunes files in my linux distro)

Every Horse has an Infinite Number of Legs (proof by intimidation):

Horses have an even number of legs.  Behind they have two legs, and in
front they have fore-legs.  This makes six legs, which is certainly an
odd number of legs for a horse.  But the only number that is both even
and odd is infinity.  Therefore, horses have an infinite number of
legs.  Now to show this for the general case, suppose that somewhere,
there is a horse that has a finite number of legs.  But that is a horse
of another color, and by the lemma ["All horses are the same color"],
that does not exist.

(Do not take internally.)

-ME