2002 Jan 11 14:09

[vox] Cool Linux/Windows game

Here's a game called Uplink; runs on both Windows and Linux (but only
one at a time ;) ).  You can get a free demo.

It's a creative game where you play the role of a 'Net cracker and
employ your skills in industrial espionage and records sabotage.  It's
pretty addictive.  Only problem, the demo kicks you off *just* when
you're getting somewhere! :(  (Which actually is a great marketing
technique.  I had my wallet out in 5 secs).

For a game, it's reasonably realistic, but doesn't get into the
details of the real thing - it's more script-kiddie-style, really,
since you're basically just downloading tools and employing them.
Also, IP addresses are sometimes something like 64.558.294.13, which
is obvioously an impossible address (OTOH, maybe it prevents people
trying their newfound "skillz" on real addresses :) )

Anyway, here it is:

  http://www.introversion.co.uk/

Micah