2002 Jan 10 14:12

Re: [vox] [billjones@billjones.org: Budget Debate]

Spamming is illegal in California.  You can find the statute at
http://www.spamlaws.com/state/ca1.html.  A relevant Slashdot article
is at http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/01/03/1934239.

As it relates to the statute, it seems to me that Jones's email can be
construed as an "offer" of "services" (governorship of CA), and that
he could be prosecuted for this.  However IANAL.

My suggestion: call his opponent's campaign with the information.
Might be interesting to also call the attorney general's office.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 08:38 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i got spammed by the bill jones campaign.  he has already spammed
> the vox and vox-tech mailing list.  twice.  now it's me personally!
>
> bill jones is the republican who hopes to win the primary election
> so he can become governor of california.
>
> just what california needs.  a spammin' governor.
>
> can we say "ping -f www.billjones.org"?
>
> pete
>

> ----- Forwarded message from Bill Jones <billjones@billjones.org>
[snip]