2002 Jan 06 14:02

[vox] Re: [Lug-Nuts] Idea: Sacramento Linux Consortium

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 10:57:44AM -0800, Mathew L. Alexander wrote:

> I'm sorry, But what kind of Advertising does either of the three LUGs do?

LUGOD posts to Usenet, sends e-mails to local newspapers (Davis, Woodland),
posts events on local event calendars (Davis, Sacramento) and on
Linux event calendars (Linevents.com, BALE, etc.)

We also very, very rarely purchase advertising.  I personally perchased
a classified in CCN magazine for the multi-LUG IF all of the LUGs held
back in September.  We also ran a generic "LUGOD" ad in the Comic Press News
for a few months.  I'm not sure it did much, but it's hard to tell where
people find out about the club.  (We encourage people to fill out a little
'new membership form,' which asks, but not everyone bothers.)