2002 Jan 06 22:47

Re: [vox] upgrade mutt

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 02:09:27PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
[...]
> > If you have 'deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main' (the
> > distribution site for security updates) in /etc/apt/sources.list on all your
> > Debian systems, you may do an 'apt-get update; apt-get install mutt' to fetch
> > the fixed version. The fix is NOT in Woody or Sid yet, only Potato (stable).
>
> how is this?  i thought sid was the first to see packages, woody next
> and potato is frozen until an official dist release?

No. Security updates ALWAYS go into Potato first. Sometimes they go into all
the distros simultaneously, but that is by accident not by policy.

The unreleased distros are using mutt 1.3.24. The fix released on
security.debian.org is for mutt 1.2, because Potato uses version 1.2.

--
Henry House