2002 Jan 04 09:13

[vox] LUGOD merchandise

If you missed the posting just now on vox-announce,

  1. shame on you for not being subscribed to vox-announce
     (go directly to http://www.lugod.org/mailinglists/
      do not pass go.  do not collect $200)

  2. LUGOD merchandise is now available!
     http://www.lugod.org/shop/

I discovered a site/service called "Cafe Press" ( http://www.cafepress.com/ )
which lets people and groups set up little virtual stores to sell
custom t-shirts and other apparel and gifts.

The items are made as they are ordered, so there's no overhead of
minimum orders.  And since they do everything (including the check and
credit card acceptance), it's pretty much no major time/money investment
by LUGOD or one of its members (like me, the last two times we bought
t-shirts).

If noone ever orders the LUGOD watertower cap, it doesn't matter,
and doesn't cost us or anyone else anything. :)

Also, this service allows for a wider variety of items and graphics, and we
can go and change/remove/add items whenever we want.

Right now, for example, you can get a "Linux fraternity" style hooded
shirt, or an "I love Penguins" ladies t-shirt, or a plain Tux sweatshirt.
(And, of course, each come in various sizes.)

The one strange issue with Cafe Press (which I've been told by someone
there will no longer be an issue some time soon) is that each 'store'
that one sets up can only sell ONE of each kind of item.

So, for example, if we want to sell a ladies t-shirt with a different
set of graphics printed on it, we'd either need to replace the one that's
there now, or set up a separate store account ("lugod2"? :^) ).

Anyway, that brings me to my main point... I'd like suggestions for other
items to make.

Right now, there are four items which we can still add, and I need ideas
for what kind of art/text/etc. we should put on them:

  White t-shirt
  Long Sleeve t-shirt
  Tank top
  Bucket cap

You can see all of the items I've created so far by just going to our
'storefront' page:

  http://www.cafepress.com/lugod/

Thanks and enjoy!!!

-bill!