January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jan 03 15:08

[vox] Underwriting Capitol Public Radio

I'd like to know what people think of LUGOD helping to underwrite
Capitol Public Radio (CPR) - the non-profit that brings this area
National Public Radio stations like KXPR and KXJZ.

Underwriting is pretty much advertising, but since CPR is a non-profit,
we're really just helping pay for the public broadcasts being played.

The problem is, it's not too cheap. :)  The cheapest slot we could get
is one 15 second spot for $30.  I've discussed it with Pete, and he
thinks it's a good idea, because not only are we helping advertise
LUGOD, but we're helping out a very important local resource.

Info. on underwriting CPR is here:

  http://www.csus.edu/npr/underwriting/beanunderwriter.html

What I currently suggest is to hold a fundraiser (bake sales, for example?)
to help collection donations.  Earnings would go to purchasing ads on
CPR (aka becoming an underwriter).

What do others think?  Who'd like to help out with this project?

Thanks!

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/