2002 Jan 02 21:44

Re: [vox] Help with Red Hat Install

On Wednesday 02 January 2002 07:28 pm, Dave Henley wrote:
> The below email was sent to me by a customer
> of nerdbooks.com.  Would someone please try to
> help Dave.

KDE's kppp does a good job of making this complex issue simple.  Use it if
you can.  Otherwise look up the Modem Howto at http://www.linuxdoc.org/.
You'll find answers to many other questions at this site.

> 2.  Screen lock up at times when PC is left on with the screen
> saver.  Has froze up within Linux Games.

Turn off the screen saver?  :-)  Depending on your distribution, you
may want to try something newer... recent Linux kernels fix a lot of
problems with VIA chipsets.

> 3.  My printer is a Xerox DocuPrint P8ex and no driver.  Need to
> find driver our need some printer selection.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/ has lots of useful info there.

Also you may want to check out the Installfest schedule at
http://lugod.org/.

Good luck!

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/