2002 Jan 02 16:06

Re: [vox] uh oh...

> > Congratulations dude.  Now tell us what's so cool about dachstein...

Depends on what you want.  I need to set up Dachenstein myself, BUT a brief features list.
Desended from the LRP project 2-3 NICs, a computer, a floppy drive and optionally a CD Rom drive a 486 (or Pentium I class system depending on your objective) and you get

Built in NAT
Built in support for DHCP or Static external IP.
(not sure if there is a PPPoE setup yet)
Built in support for a DMZ
Pretty decent firewall.
-serveral firewalls available if you don't like the default.
A CD with configs on a floppy disk
  OR a floppy only setup
Built in Webserver to check on status of router.
Many modules to add IPSEC tunneling
Updated 2.2 series kernels
Support for ssh
No licensing fees.

Pretty good readme for BASIC configuration
Pretty good support on the leaf-user mail list.
 -hell, pretty good support from the developer on the list.

http://lrp1.steinkuehler.net/DiskImages/Dachstein.htm
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

I've been busy with other things lately so I haven't kept up as much as I used to, but I will probably be getting back into it soon.

-sp