2002 Jan 02 18:33

Re: [vox] ricochet

it's actually ORDB.  here's what i had to do to get ordb working on my
system:

# reject messages whose sending host is in ORDB
rbl_domains = relays.ordb.org/reject
# check all hosts other than those on internal network
rbl_hosts = !192.168.0.0/24:0.0.0.0/0

in exim.conf.  that's it.  :)  they have an excellent section in the FAQ
about how to configure the various MTA's.   they're all easy.

i could give a talk on ORDB, but it would be kind of a short talk.
perhaps if we can get a few people together to talk about different
aspects of spam, that would be cool.   i would volunteer to do ORDB (and
a very similar service which is more aggressive, named ORBZ).

do yourself a favor.  take time out today and configure your MTA to use
ORDB.  if you get "alot" of spam, you will definitely notice the
difference.

pete

begin R. Douglas Barbieri <doug@dooglio.net>

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org